ACHIEVING MORE BOOKINGS, MORE ORDERS AND MORE SALES FOR A BRIGHTER FUTURE
1) Chocolates and sweets bring people together and are a safe and creative way to stay connected… giving seasonal, celebratory chocolates and sweets individually or gift packaged as letterbox gifts, in organza bags, sachets or tins… creates a bond and results in emotional wellbeing.
2) Chocolate and confectionery have contributed massively to emotional wellbeing during the pandemic, helping to bring joy and happiness over the last 12+ months.
3) Chocolate and confectionery have contributed massively to emotional wellbeing during the pandemic, helping to bring joy and happiness. Giving chocolate and sweets creates an emotional connection between the giver and their customers and staff which builds loyalty… for example chocolates and sweets included with online sales, thank you chocolates and sweets at the end of a meal, a sweet treat with a cup of coffee or tea, refreshing welcome mints in a Reception area etc etc.
REPORT REVIEW PART 3 – THE STATE OF TREATING 2021
In part 3 I’ll explore the evidence in the report (see candyusa.com/sweet-insights-state-of-treating-2021 for the full version) demonstrating how chocolate and sweets bring people together.
Here at Delvaux HQ we’ve seen ourselves how there is renewed interest in ordering chocolates and sweets for special events such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, retirements etc… with chocolates and sweets as popular as ever for those venues, event planners and caterers looking to better times soon, when people can gather again to party together.
The NCA report backs up our experience, confirming that despite some dramatic shifts and changes, two things in particular have remained constant:
* The first is the enduring place chocolate, sweets and mints have in our hearts and our lives because of the emotional connection we have with them. COVID-19 changed consumer behaviour but not the desire for permissible indulgence, especially when that indulgence was shared with friends and family.
* The second constant is that confectionery is a strong and important category that offers both inexpensive treats and premium indulgence — which is exactly why it shows strength in good and bad economic times.
People really haven’t lost their love of chocolate!
Despite the pandemic-driven changes in shopping, working and social routines, confectionery sales have apparently remained a strong and important category.
Now as we see light at the end of the tunnel with non-essential retailers, hairdressers and restaurants and pubs with outside areas due to reopen soon and the rest of the UK hospitality sector hoping they won’t be far behind, the question is how will you be welcoming back old customers and attracting new customers and keeping them coming back for more?
As we’ve been reminded by the NCA report, nothing beats personalised chocolates and sweets for emotionally engaging and exciting customers and making a positive impression… edible advertising works!
As you prepare to reopen or expand current trading as lockdown restrictions lift, why not give delicious chocolates and sweets to customers with colourful “Welcome Back” messaging and incentives to return or re-order soon, such as discounts or special offers… free delivery, optional extras, a free bottle of house wine, a desert for two, a free cup of coffee or tea.
Please call Richard or me soon to discuss your requirements on +44 (0)1932 550500 (or email us) to discuss your requirements, with no obligation at all …he will be happy to help you explore options. Please also view our full range of branded Chocolates & Confectionery at: https://www.delvauxchocolates.com/shop
(Natalie’s Blog, 24 May 2021)
Meet… Natalie Atkinson (Managing Director, Delvaux Ltd)
Natalie is the Managing Director of Delvaux Ltd, a family-owned business originally founded in 1985 by her mother Monique as a division of Rombouts Coffee. Natalie leads the ‘delicious marketing ideas’ team at Delvaux, experts in helping Delvaux’s clients to use personalisation and gifting as ‘edible advertising’.
Since Delvaux’s early days supplying petit fours to Restaurants and Hotels and supplying retailers such as the House of Fraser, Conran and Harvey Nichols with luxury chocolates, glace fruits, nougats and nuts, Delvaux has developed into a thriving independent business supplying personalised chocolates (Neapolitans and Petit Chocs) and confectionery in individual wrappers printed with messaging, logo, special offers and promotions etc.
Delvaux has been in business for over 35 years supplying 1000s of businesses, associations, charities, institutions and individuals with millions of personalised Neapolitan and Petit chocolates over that time. More recently Delvaux has expanded under Natalie’s direction with the addition of Mints, Fruit Sweets, Salted Caramel Fudge, Jelly Beans and Jelly Sweets and Chocolate Coffee Beans to the product range.
[If you have any questions please call us on UK freephone 0800 371 428 or International telephone +44 (0) 1932 550500, alternatively please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.]